Do children need a ticket?
Reserved seat grandstands: A ticket is required to occupy a reserved seat. Children 2 years & under are admitted free of charge when seated on adult’s lap.
The Rooftop: Children 2 years & under are admitted free of charge. All other youth require a ticket to access The Rooftop located on the top level of the Center Garage parking structure.
Do you have general admission tickets?
The Rooftop located on the top level of the Center Garage parking structure is a general admission ticket providing standing-room viewing from the outer edge.
There are free general admission viewing platforms along Jefferson Avenue.
On Friday, June 2 as part of Comerica Bank FREE Prix day, Grandstand 1 & 9 will be available as general admission seating on a first-come basis. A ticket is not required; paddock access is not included.
Is there wheelchair accessible seating?
All reserved seat grandstands are wheelchair accessible, other than Grandstands 3C and 3D. The viewing platforms along Jefferson Avenue are also wheelchair accessible.
Please visit our Information for Mobility Challenged Guests website page for additional information.
What is the Paddock?
The paddock is a garage area that houses the transporters, race cars and team’s work area. It is considered the “locker room of auto racing”. The paddock allows up close viewing of race car preparation and teamwork.
When will I receive my tickets?
Ticket and admission materials begin shipping mid-April.
Most tickets purchased online, have the option of being received digitally. An email will be sent 10-14 days prior to the event advising tickets are available for downloading from your online account.
How are the grandstands numbered?
The grandstand number refers to the turn number that it is closest to. Grandstand rows are number from the top row down. Row 1 is the top row of the grandstands.
The sections letter from left to right; section A would be on the left if you are standing in front of the grandstand looking at it. The seats also number from left to right. Aisle numbers vary.
Are there any restrictions as to what can be brought into the venue?
- Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to, pocket knives, firearms and ammunition
- Unmanned aerial devices such as drones, remote piloted aircraft & similar remote-controlled devices
- Rollerblades, hoverboards, skateboards, bicycles
- Glass bottles or open containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Video recording devices, camera stands, tripods
- Large buggy strollers & hard sided wagons
- Ladders, scaffolding, platforms or other structures
- Lawn chairs, camping chairs
- Samples, stickers, or flyers for distribution
- Flags, banners, flagpoles
- Golf carts, scooters (except mobility aid devices for guests with disabilities)
- Animals (other than assistance dogs)
Detroit Grand Prix reserves the right to remove an assistance dog that impedes the enjoyment of guests or is considered a threat to others. Assistance dogs must remain on leash or tether.
Any item that may pose a safety hazard to or diminish the enjoyment of event by others may be refused at the discretion of security and management. Prohibited items are subject to change without notice. There are no provisions for checking and holding prohibited items. Items cannot be left at or around the gates. Items left unattended will be removed and discarded.
Maximum cooler & bag size permitted is 12” x 12” x 12”
Umbrellas, collapsible canvas wagons, umbrella strollers are permitted but cannot be used in grandstands or on viewing platforms.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- All racing events are rain or shine. No exchanges or rain checks.
- All sales are final. No money refunded.
- Participation in racing events as a spectator is at ticket-holders own risk.
- Tickets and other admissions materials may not be used for advertising, promotions (including contests and sweepstakes) or other trade purposes, without the prior express written consent of the Detroit Grand Prix, Inc.
- Tickets obtained from sources other than Detroit Grand Prix, Inc. may be lost, stolen or counterfeit and in such cases will not be honored.
- Tickets may not be resold on the premises.
- Guests may exit and re-enter the venue; ticket and wristband is required for re-entry.