Where is the race held?
The Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix presented by Lear is held on Belle Isle,
a 982 acre island in the Detroit River connected to Detroit by the MacArthur Bridge.
Where do we park?
Event parking is not available on Belle Isle. A FREE shuttle service operates from two downtown Detroit locations to Belle Isle.
How do I contact the Ticket Office and purchase tickets?
Tickets can be purchased by phone, in person or online at www.DetroitGP.com
Year-round Box Office:
Phone: 866-464-PRIX (7749)
Box Office Hours:
Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
300 GM Renaissance Center, Suite 2311
(Level 2 – GM Wintergarden)
Detroit, MI 48243
Race Weekend Ticket Office (located on Belle Isle at Picnic Way & Riverbank Dr)
What credit cards are accepted?
MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover
Can I pay by check?
Personal and company checks are accepted until two weeks prior to the event. Traveler checks are accepted through the event weekend.
Do children need a ticket?
Reserved seat grandstands: A ticket is required to occupy a reserved seat. Children 2 years & under are admitted free of charge when seated on parent’s lap. Children 12 years & under qualify for child pricing.
General admission: Children 12 years & under are admitted free of charge to general admission areas when accompanied by a ticket-bearing adult. Limit 2 children per adult admittance.
Where do we sit if we purchased a general admission ticket?
General admission seating is on a first-come basis in Grandstands 4, 6 or 7. Standing room only viewing is available once general admission grandstands are full; a seat is not guaranteed.
General Admission tickets provide gate admission, paddock admission and access to the Fan Zone, display areas, entertainment stage, Winner Circle and historic Scott Fountain.
Is there wheelchair accessible seating?
Reserved seat grandstands 1 & 2 are wheelchair accessible. General admission grandstand 7 is also wheelchair accessible. Companion seating in grandstands 1 & 2 are free of charge when an accessible seat ticket is purchased.
What is the paddock?
The paddock is a garage area that houses the transporters, race cars and team work area. It is considered the "locker room of auto racing". The paddock allows up close viewing of race car preparation and teamwork.
Can we visit Scott Fountain while at the event?
Yes, all ticketholders and hospitality guests can visit historic Scott Fountain during the event. Winner Circle activities are held at Scott Fountain and can be viewed by the public as well.
When will I receive my tickets?
Tickets are mailed starting in mid-April. Ticket orders are mailed to addresses within the United States up until two weeks prior to the event, three weeks prior to foreign addresses. Ticket orders placed after the mail cut-off are held at the Will Call window for pick up from the Box Office.
Most tickets purchased online, have the option of “print at home.” If this is your selected method of delivery, an email will be sent containing an attachment of the tickets in mid-April.
How do I get my tickets from Will Call?
If your tickets are ordered after the mail cut-off date, the tickets will need to be picked up from Will Call; which is located at the Box Office in the Renaissance Center until the close of business the Thursday of race week. Beginning the Friday of race weekend, Will Call is located at the Ticket Office on Belle Isle at Picnic Way & Riverbank Dr.
Tickets are held under the last name of the party who will be picking up the prepaid tickets. Tickets cannot be released to a party other than the name set up in advance. Photo ID is required to pick up tickets. There are no cancellations of pre-purchased tickets and no refunds of unclaimed Will Call.
Can I leave a ticket for someone to be picked up?
The Grand Prix extends the courtesy of accepting third party Will Call; however we will not be held responsible for package contents or non-receipt of package. Envelope should be clearly marked with the last name, and first name of the person picking up the package.
Please be sure to instruct your guest to go to the Will Call window of the Ticket Office located on Belle Isle at the main entrance of the venue (Picnic Way & Riverbank Dr) Photo ID is required for pick up.
How are the grandstands numbered?
Grandstands are number from the top row down.
The sections letter from left to right; section A would be on the left if you are standing in front of the grandstand looking at it. The seats also number from left to right.
Are there any restrictions as to what can be brought into the venue?
- Cameras are allowed but video recording devices are NOT permitted.
- Glass bottles and open containers are NOT permitted through the admission gates.
- Alcohol beverages are NOT permitted to be brought into the venue.
- Maximum cooler size permitted is 12” x 12” x 12”.
- All bags are subject to search and must fit within a 12” x 12” x 12” space.
- Umbrellas are permitted through the admission gates but cannot be opened in grandstands.
- Collapsible umbrella strollers are permitted through the admission gates but cannot be used in grandstands. Collapsible canvas wagons are permitted through the admission gate.
The following items are NOT permitted through admission gates: Ladders, scaffolding or other structures, lawn chairs, firearms or other weapons, drones, bicycles, roller blades, large strollers and wagons. Pets other than disability assistance dogs are NOT permitted.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- All racing events are rain or shine. No exchanges or rain checks.
- All sales are final. No money refunded.
- Participation in racing events as a spectator is at ticket-holders own risk.
- Tickets and other admissions materials may not be used for advertising, promotions (including contests and sweepstakes) or other trade purposes, without the prior express written consent of the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, Inc.
- Tickets obtained from sources other than the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, Inc. may be lost, stolen or counterfeit and in such cases will not be honored.
- Tickets may not be resold on the premises.
- Patrons may exit and re-enter the venue; ticket must be scanned when exiting to permit re-entry.
» Download a printable version of this FAQ.