Increased Security Measures
Guest may be screened prior to entering the venue by security personnel using a hand-held wand device or a walk-through metal detector. All bags are suject to search. Any items on prohibited list or are illegal or considered suspicious are subject to confiscation and guests could be denied entry.
Detroit Grand Prohibited Items
- Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to, pocketknives, firearms and ammunition
- Unmanned aerial devices such as drones, remote piloted aircraft & similar remote-controlled devices
- Rollerblades, hoverboards, skateboards, bicycles
- Glass bottles or open containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Video recording devices, camera stands, tripods
- Large buggy strollers & hard sided wagons
- Ladders, scaffolding, platforms or other structures
- Lawn chairs, camping chairs
- Samples, stickers, or flyers for distribution
- Flags, banners, flagpoles
- Golf carts, scooters (except mobility aid devices for guests with disabilities)
- Animals (other than assistance dogs)
Detroit Grand Prix reserves the right to remove an assistance dog that impedes the enjoyment of guests or is considered a threat to others. Assistance dogs must remain on leash or tether.
Any item that may pose a safety hazard to or diminish the enjoyment of event by others may be refused at the discretion of security and management. Prohibited items are subject to change without notice. There are no provisions for checking and holding prohibited items. Items cannot be left at or around the gates. Items left unattended will be removed and discarded.
Maximum cooler & bag size permitted is 12" x 12" x 12"
Umbrellas, collapsible canvas wagons, umbrella strollers are permitted but cannot be used in grandstands or on viewing platforms.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE - THERE ARE NO SEVERE WEATHER SHELTERS AT THE GRAND PRIX
As an outdoor sporting event, the Grand Prix is subject to severe weather. Any severe weather watches or warnings issued by the National Weather Service will be announced. Pay attention to changing weather conditions and stay alert.
If a severe weather watch or warning has been issued or you sense that severe weather is likely, protect yourself and those you are with you by leaving the area as quickly as possible and depending on your location take shelter in one of the following designations:
- Huntington Place – Hart Plaza & Southwest Venue
- Hart Plaza Lower Level (limited space for 200-300)
- Ford Parking Garage Lower Level
- Renaissance Center Garages Lower Levels - Pit Lane, Grandstands 1 & 9, Southeast Venue
- Millender Parking Garage - North Venue
If severe weather strikes and you cannot take shelter, take the following actions to protect yourself
- If you are on grandstands, move to ground level and away from grandstands.
- Severe Thunderstorm – avoid high ground, water, tall, isolated trees, metal objects (fences, grandstands, etc.), and temporary structures (tents, canopies, grandstans, etc.)
- Tornado – lie flat on the ground and use your hands to cover your head.